Strawberry Lavender Cheesecake Tart
Deliciously sweet but with a fresh finish of strawberries, this cheesecake tart is a delight. The Strawberry Lavender jam by Treehouse Preserves make this dessert have the most perfect flavour.
- 1 packet Careme Vanilla Shortcrust Pastry*
- 250gms cream cheese
- 2tbs icing sugar
- 1tsp Vanilla extract 'We use Blackpod Vanilla Products'*
- 100mls thickened cream
1/2 jar 'Treehouse Preserves' Strawberry Lavender Jam*
- 1 punnet fresh strawberries
- 1/2 packet 'Unforgettable Products' Raspberry Meringue*
- 1/2 packet 'Shocolate' White chocolate bar with dried strawberries*
*Available at Gourmet Living
- Unravel sheet of pastry and roll the sides out slightly so that it fits in a tart shell.
- Line tart tin with pastry then place a sheet of baking paper on top and cover with dried rice or place baking beads or weights inside.
- Blind bake the tart in 180 oven for approx. 12-15 mins until golden and cooked.
- Combine the cream cheese, icing sugar, vanilla and cream in a mixer and beat until thickened.
- Fold through the jam until marbled and fill tart shell.
- To decorate: cover with fresh strawberries, crushed meringue and chopped white chocolate and dried strawberry bar.