One word........ DELICIOUS!
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3tsp cornflour
- 1tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract *
*Available at Gourmet Living
Spiced Fig Topping:
- 250g mascarpone
- 150ml cream
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- Far Meadow Lodge baby figs*
- Fresh Figs
Curd & Berries Topping:
- Whipped cream
- Lemon or Passionfruit curd- Unforgettable Products
- Raspberries, strawberries and blueberries
- Pre heat oven to 120 degrees
- Whisk the egg whites in the kitchen aid until soft peaks before sprinkling over the sugar slowly.
- Beat until hard peaks form and then fold in the cornflour, vinegar and vanilla.
- On a tray lined with baking paper, arrange the meringue into a wreath shape and bake for 1 hour to 80 minutes. Turn off the oven after this time and cool with the door closed for 40 minutes. Then open the door and allow to cool completely.
- This can be made in advance.
Alternatively you can use Unforgettable Products from Gourmet Living.
We have petite meringues & petite pavlova
You could also turn this into an Eton mess in a glass
We take pre orders for their family size Pavlova as well
For the Fig Topping:
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients and whisk by hand. This splits very easily so do not over work it.
- Top the pavlova wreath with the spiced mascarpone and a jar of the baby marinated figs along with some cut up fresh figs.
- You can also drizzle some of the fig syrup on top
For the Curd Topping:
- Fold together the whipped cream and the curd until marbled.
- Top the pavlova and arrange the berries.