Orecchiette Pasta Salad with Pesto & Egg
It's a classic! A must have at BBQ's. My friends always ask me to bring this one along.
This is a real quick throw together pasta salad but it's so full of flavour and lasts days. I like to make a batch but don't add the rocket leave to all of it. The next day the left overs are perfect for lunch. The texture & shape of the orecchiette make it one of my favourite pastas for salad. Roza's Gourmet sauce basil Pesto is..... wait for it..... the best basil pesto I have had! Made with fresh basil all year round this salad would not be the same without it.
Let me know what you think!
- 500g Squisito Orrecchiette pasta
- 240ml Rozas basil pesto
- 6 eggs
- 200gm roasted red peppers - sliced
- 2 cups rocket leaves
- 200gm roasted eggplant - sliced
- Ponti Sticky Balsamic
- Olive Oil
- Camilo Olive Salt
- Cracked Pepper
- Camilo Black olive tapenade
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until tender, then strain, refresh with cold water, coat with olive oil and allow to cool.
- In a small pot of rapidly boiling water carefully drop the eggs in with a spoon. Boil for 8 minutes then run under cold water and peel.
- In a large bowl place the cooled pasta, red peppers, torn up rocket and pesto then season with olive salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Serve in a large bowl then place wedges of boiled egg on top, spoons of tapenade and a drizzle of balsamic.