Chocolate Mousse Tart with Strawberries
One word........ DELICIOUS!
- 1 packet Careme Chocolate Shortcrust Pastry*
- 1 packet Nicholsons Fine Foods Belgian Chocolate Mousse*
- 300mls thickened cream
- 150mls water
- 1 punnet strawberries
- 1 bar 'Shocolate' White Chocolate with strawberries & balsamic*
- Pomegranate Molasses*
*Available at Gourmet Living
- Heat oven to 180, lightly grease a 22mm tart tin with removable base.
- Lightly roll out pastry until approx. 3mm thick, or until its approx. 4cm border around the outside of tin.
- Line the tin with the pastry then refrigerate for 30mins
- Place a sheet of baking paper in tin then cover with dried chickpeas/rice/weights to blind bake pastry for 15 minutes then remove from oven, remove weights and bake for a further 3 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Whip cream until stiff peaks, set aside.
- In a bowl whisk the mousse powder with the water then fold in the cream 1/3 at a time.
- Spread mousse into tart shell and even out with a warm palate knife. Set in the fridge for an hour.
- When ready to serve crush the block of white chocolate and crumble all over the top of the mousse with fresh strawberries.
- Finish with a drizzle of pomegranate molasses.