Ham & Asparagus Tart with Hollandaise
Perfect for brunch, a light lunch or as an entree. The Careme puff pastry makes this tart. It's so golden and buttery and puffs up beautifully. Roza's fresh hollandaise really finishes it off nicely.
- 1 packet Careme Puff Pastry*
- 1 egg yolk
- 150gms sliced ham* 'We use Yarra Valley Smokehouse'
- Henry Langdon Salt & Pepper mix*
- 1.5 bunch asparagus- halved lengthways
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes-cut
- 1/2 Spanish onion-sliced thinly
- Kyneton Basil infused olive oil*
- Handful of torn basil leaves
Roza's Hollandaise Sauce*
*Available at Gourmet Living
- Place pastry out onto a tray with baking paper and brush with egg yolk
- Place torn pieces of ham on pastry, leaving a border around the side
- Place sliced asparagus on top of ham then season
- Bake in 180 oven until golden and crisp
- In a small bowl mix the cherry tomatoes, basil, oil, seasoning and onion together.
- When tart is ready, serve out on a platter and scatter tomato salsa on top then finish with dollops of hollandaise sauce.