Grilled Figs with Buffalo Mozzarella & Crisp Prosciutto
These fresh grilled figs are a great entree either served warm or cold. The addition of Chardonnay salt and the sticky balsamic tie in really well with the fresh Buffalo mozzarella. Try turning into a salad with rocket leaves & walnuts.
- 6 medium sized figs
- 2 balls Shaw River Buffalo Mozzarella
- 4 pieces Istra sliced Prosciutto
- Baker & Baker Chardonnay Salt
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary- chopped
- Ponti Sticky Balsamic or Vinocotto
- Kyneton Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Place prosciutto on a tray with baking paper and bake at 180 degrees for approximately 5 minutes or until crunchy. Allow to cool
- Cut the figs in half and mix in a bowl with chopped rosemary and olive oil.
- Heat a griddle pan then place each fig on hot pan face down and cook for a minute or two to soften then turn.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Place figs on a plate then place chunks of buffalo mozzarella on top, sprinkle with chardonnay salt then drizzle with sticky balsamic and garnish with crisp prosciutto .